UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Oct 2006, 11:53 am   #1
coil1234
Pentode

Default SFR RU93 Reciever

Hello,
Has any one come across one of these before ? It's an SFR RU93 reciever with a Paris address on the serial No plate. I was given this by an aquaintance to repair several years ago but he hasn't pressed me for it and I must admit after an initial burst of enthusiasm I havn't done any more. The main fault was the mains transformer cooking, this was replaced by an electrically similar one, although I'm unsure about the HT Voltage. Also a few capacitors/resistors were changed to get it basically working.
At the time I could find very little information on the web but I think the Norwegian Historical Radio Society may have a circuit diagram.
The hole to the right of the tuning scale should contain a magic eye (signal strength ?) But I've removed it so it didn't get broken when I put it to one side, Frequency coverage is 50 Kc/s - 60 Mc/s in 10 bands, valves are all side contact types; EM4 (magic eye) ECH3 x3, EB4, R214 (in ally can), EL3, EBF2, 1883 (rect).
The legend on the front panel is in French but has either faded or is worn away.
It definately has a military feel to it and I think I caught sight of one in a war film once, it was in a German radio room based in a French chateau but I can't recall the name of the film (it wasn't Where Eagles Dare).

If anyone has any information I would be grateful

Mike A
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	5760   Click image for larger version

Name:	label.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	5761   Click image for larger version

Name:	int.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	5762   Click image for larger version

Name:	valve.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	5763  
Old 1st Oct 2006, 1:47 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: SFR RU93 Reciever

That's unusual-completetly unknown to me but the the chap who does Valve and Vintage in PW [Ben Nock G4BXD] seems to have kit from all over the world. He may well be able to help you. His details [as listed in Practical Wireless] are military1944@aol.com or 62,Cobden Street, Kidderminster, Worcetser DY11 6RP. Half the people here are probaly at Harpenden today for the BVWS meet so you might get more traffic later. Dave
Old 1st Oct 2006, 1:49 pm   #3
dave walsh
Dekatron

PS I meant to ask where did it turn up from? Just out of curiosity! Dave.
Old 1st Oct 2006, 1:51 pm   #4
dave walsh
Dekatron

Sorry need to wake up "from an aquaintance" you'd already said but is that all you know?
Old 1st Oct 2006, 2:28 pm   #5
coil1234
Pentode

Hello Dave,
Immediately after I had posted the above I 'Googled' the makers name and type, Lo and Behold there is a manual (albeit in French) with circuit diagram on the BAMA site, which is very useful, in my defence it wasn't there last time I looked!
As to its history, the owner is one of my old motorcycle cronies, who was married to a French woman and he lived there for a while, if I remember correctly the reciever was his father in laws or certainly one of his ex wifes relatives.

Regards Mike A
Closed Thread