UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 8th Dec 2018, 7:27 pm   #1
Brookes1975
Retired Dormant Member

Default W48 rewire help please

Hello all, I'm in the process of rewiring a German W48 phone for UK BT line and so far I have got the phone ringing and receiving incoming calls. My problem is that I cannot dial out. Sometimes I get nothing, sometimes I get number not recognised and sometimes I get there is a fault message. I have the phone wired with red and and white bt to terminals A and B and a 3.3k resistor soldered between the original green wire and left hand capacitor terminal if viewed from the rear. Everything else is stock. Dialer itself is in good serviceable condition and wired in correctly. Help greatly appreciated. Scott.
Old 9th Dec 2018, 2:58 pm   #2
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Default Re: W48 rewire help please

Have you connected the blue wire?
If yes, you may have to switch red and white, or even cut a wire in the phone.

It may also be the dial.

dsk
Closed Thread