UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Feb 2021, 6:47 pm   #21
The Philpott
Dekatron

Default Re: What Allen Key Size?

-An example of something that doesn't match up to it's spec.
3.2mm it may be, but HSS..?

When i manage to bend or snap a drill bit of an unusual size often i clamp the sharp end in the vice, snap the plain end off and save it as a hole gauge. This time it didn't quite go to plan, and after 3 heaves, no fracture! Unknown provenance.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02099.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	227821  
Old 1st Mar 2021, 12:41 pm   #22
OldTechFan96
Octode

Default Re: What Allen Key Size?

Thanks for the advice and tips. I do agree about the poor quality of tools available these days. Once I've acquired the test gear I want, I'll focus on getting some better tools.

I bought the Wilko set of Allen keys and the 1/16" key worked perfectly.
Closed Thread