UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Mar 2021, 8:32 pm   #21
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Grundig TK1 repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcMahon View Post
Removed the flywheel drive plate off the top of the flywheel.

As you say the drive belt/ring is glued to the top outer circumference of the plate.

I guess it is hardened rubber, although have a vague memory of reading somewhere that it might be leather ? maybe because of its brown colour.

I will clean mine up and see if it can be softened at all with some Glycerine.

I would think that an O ring would do the job. My other belt is round cross section.

David
My reference to round section belt was for the belt on the underside, I see that there is a thin flat belt on the topside going to the Take Up clutch, this I imagine (because of its look) must be the belt referred to as "fit it with fabric side on the inside".

David
Old 8th Mar 2021, 3:50 pm   #22
ribbonmicsrus
Pentode

David
Sorted the motor, by applying pressure with large pliers to the top flange and the 4 tabs it comes apart. Two concentric contact rings measured 60 ohm betwen them, took scalpel to gap between them and cleared out what looked like debris. Measured with contacs open O/C !, closed 1.2 ohms. Switches around 3.05 volts so when belts arrive etc. hope for some success!

Andy
Old 9th Mar 2021, 2:40 pm   #23
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Good progress.

David
Old 9th Mar 2021, 2:42 pm   #24
ribbonmicsrus
Pentode

Mods, I think we can close this thread, many thanks