UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Sep 2021, 2:13 pm   #21
trobbins
Heptode

Default Re: Valve testers & 'soak' testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchips View Post
Leakage at PIV, valve hot or cold?
I did actually test that out - there can be a difference - so likely depends on cause.

Quote:
If DC then is it polarity specific?
I did actually test that out - there can be a difference - so likely depends on cause.

Quote:
Leakage similar between anodes?

Quote:
Why should it leak? Glass is a good insulator, does it leak between any two pins, connected or not?
The causes could include gas and metal deposition on mica. I did a summary of the results in section 7 of linked doc: https://www.dalmura.com.au/static/Po...ube%20amps.pdf

Quote:
Emission imbalance, normally the cathode has more than enough coating to supply the number of electrons, so would this be an indication that the valve is near end of life?
The 5U4 I tested are directly heated cathode, so likely some difference to say a GZ3x, although worth reading the linked forum (Figure 33 hyperlink) as nevetslab was measuring anode currents in 5AR4.
Closed Thread