UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Feb 2019, 12:26 pm   #21
jamesinnewcastl
Heptode

Default Re: Waxy Capacitors - what did they look like when new?

Hi Andy - good point, I'll make sure to look at that. The HT is only 120V for this system so relatively low.

I think I have solved my potentiometer dilemma. If I can fit them inside the body, a couple of resistors from the wiper to each end will enable me to reduce the resistance at the cost of a slightly S-shaped volts/rotation curve. This would not present a problem in this application as the pots are just presets with no scale to fit against.

Cheers
James
Old 26th Feb 2019, 11:46 pm   #22
jamesinnewcastl
Heptode

Default Re: Waxy Capacitors - what did they look like when new?

Hi All

First new 'waxy' off the production line - I think it looks quite good! It looks a little darker in real life, added a second pic which is more like it the colours are more saturated.

The C10 label was on the original. The leads are only solder at the moment as I don't actually have a cap to go in it!

James
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new cap.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	179096   Click image for larger version

Name:	new cap - Copy.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	179098  

Last edited by jamesinnewcastl; 27th Feb 2019 at 12:05 am.
Closed Thread