UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Mar 2017, 8:54 pm   #1
clay shooter
Pentode

Default Steepletone SAB9 reception problem

Although this is not strictly a vintage radio it is getting on a bit, originally purchased in 1991.
The problem I have with it is that while the aerial is vertical I get poor reception on air band, however, if the radio is held so the aerial is horizontal the reception is improved, and then improved more by pointing the aerial to different points of the compass, I don't expect outstanding results but is there any way of improving this??
There is no provision for attaching an external aerial, but would a longer telescopic aerial (if I can get one to fit) improve this problem?
Old 7th Mar 2017, 10:08 pm   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Steepletone sab9 reception problem

Sounds like a telescopic aerial with a knuckle to allow it to be positioned at any angle would be a useful mod.
.........O..Chris....O
Closed Thread