UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Jan 2021, 8:28 pm   #1
OldTechFan96
Octode

Default Leads For a Frequency Counter?

I recently bought a Thandar TF200 frequency counter, it should be with me soon.

I am wondering what cables members recommend I use with it as I'm not too sure myself.

Input A is has an impedance 1Mohm and is in parallel with 25pF.

Input B has an impedance of 50 ohms.

Something that terminates in crocodile clips would be handy. I probably would need BNC to BNC leads and a splitter to connect multiple things together.

All help appreciated!
Old 27th Jan 2021, 8:48 pm   #2
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Leads For a Frequency Counter?

Input A use a scope probe

Input B any 50 Ohm cable should be reasonable.... a bit of RG58 with a BNC on each end. make a BNC female to croc clips to go on the end if you must. You don't normally go probing around with 50 Ohm stuff. A 1k resistor in the end of another BNC femle can be useful

David
Old 27th Jan 2021, 9:08 pm   #3
mickm3for
Heptode

Hi i second the scope probe as i use a x10 switched probe with mine great portable counter Mick
Old 28th Jan 2021, 6:58 pm   #4
OldTechFan96
Octode

Thanks for the tips, they have been useful. The counter came today and I have had some time to play around.

An oscilloscope probe has been working well for input A. For input B I have used a BNC to phono adapter and a composite video lead. Things seem to be working well.
Closed Thread