UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Dec 2020, 4:14 pm   #21
Oldcodger
Nonode

Default Re: Valve controlled clock a possibility ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltblue View Post
Perhaps use a cold cathode trigger tube (cold cathode thyratron)

Maybe something like Z803U http://www.r-type.org/exhib/aaa0439.htm

just a thought

Cheers

Mike T
I've mentioned this before I think.
Many years ago in our repeater station we had a cable pressure checker driven from a clock signal from the ATE. Simply put the circuit stepped round a set of pressure contact and gave an alarm if one was out of limits.
For some reason the clock was made redundant and we needed a replacement, which came in the form of an RC timing network in the strike path of a Cold cathode. The relay ( must have been a 2000 type in those days) was in the cathode path .One contact drove the stepper, the other shorted out the capacitor in the RC network. Unfortunately I cannot remember the CV number of the CC, but it featured in an early highlands and islands exchange unit .
Old 3rd Dec 2020, 9:29 pm   #22
Al (astral highway)
Dekatron

Default Re: Valve controlled clock a possibility ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Gribnau View Post
A valve clock with a higher eye candy coefficient[/URL]
Completely brilliant! Obsessive, iterative work that appeals to me.