UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Jan 2021, 5:39 pm   #1
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Safe to short pins?

Hi all,

I have a Dansette Conquest Auto, fitted with one of those cheap Chinese black and red cartridges, which sounds alright. I just can't seem to get the wiring to the cartridge right. I've got no access to the inside as the screws have all rusted and the heads have been stripped, and can't get in with a drill and screw extractors to look at the tag strip.

As it's only mono, is it safe to short the pins so I get all the audio? It always drops out no matter how I have the pins connected.

Thanks
'77
Old 25th Jan 2021, 5:56 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Safe to short pins?

Yes, just bridge the RH+ and LH+ and then the RH- and the LH- together to give you the two (+ & - ) Mono connections that you will need.
Old 25th Jan 2021, 6:19 pm   #3
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Re: Safe to short pins?

Great thank you!

Couldn't see it causing harm myself but thought best to double check. I'll get to doing that now.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated
'77
Closed Thread