UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Old 17th Jan 2021, 12:53 pm   #21
M0AFJ, Tim
Pentode

Default Re: Trio TS830S. First power after 30yr hibernation. Any safeguards/precautions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Freddie View Post
..... " have you revalidated your licence with Ofcom?, has to be done every 5 years " Is that correct 10 years rings a bell with me, I do visit the Ofcom site every 3 or 4 years, mind......
No, every 5 years, I just got reminded as it was in Rad Com!
M0AFJ, Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2021, 4:41 pm   #22
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Trio TS830S. First power after 30yr hibernation. Any safeguards/precautions?

The "Revalidation" process is quite user-friendly: I had to do it recently and realised that the email-address associated with my Ofcom account was my old work-address which I no longer have access to - so I couldn't do a password-reset [necessary because Ofcom have apparently changed their back-end systems in the last half-decade]

So I set up a 'new' account but couldn't work out how to associate this with my licence. A quick email to Ofcom [quoting my licence-details] and happiness was restored within a few hours - impressive since they were working under the first virus-lockdown short-staffing.
A quick email to Ofcom
G6Tanuki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2021, 8:03 pm   #23
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Ofcom have been very helpful when I contacted them in the past.