UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Equipment Transport Requests and Arrangements

Notices

Equipment Transport Requests and Arrangements For discussions about the 'forum courier service' and other arrangements to get sets and parts from one forum member to another. For non-commercial transactions only.

Old 18th Nov 2023, 12:02 pm   #1
mark_in_manc
Octode

Default Crawley, W.Sussex to ... somewhere between Manc and Essex via Cambridge or RWB!

Hi folks

I am investigating the possibility of moving a large-ish DC electric motor, which is the subject of a current 'for sale' thread, towards somewhere I tend to go!

So far discussions on that thread have included the possibility of it going from RWB rally to Belper in Derbyshire, which would be very helpful - if anyone is going from near Crawley to RWB?

Otherwise I travel every 6-8 weeks from Manchester to Upminster in Essex (M6 M1 M25, though sometimes I am on the train, when I have access to a car once arrived) or now twice-termly to Cambridge (M6 A14 etc) which normally turns into Essex as well (M11 M25).

If anyone can get it near any of these routes, I would be really grateful. I hope to use the motor on a lathe at a museum which I support (Anson Engine Museum - facebook pages are quite lively, if anyone is interested).

With so much 'family' driving being on my plate at the moment, I have to try to make my interests fit alongside those things I really 'have' to do - so thanks for reading this, and thanks if you can help.

cheers
Mark