UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jan 2019, 11:03 pm   #21
Ryan_1993
Hexode

Default Re: BBC Micro RGB - SCART INPUT VIA VCR

Thanks all for suggestions

I’m sorted now. I went for a refurbished and recapped RGB CUB Monitor. Absolutely pin sharp now.

Even if I got RF working on the Beeb it would still look pretty crappy by all accounts. The Sony also needed tuning in every time it was switched on so isn’t practical as a monitor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2D882983-7B4D-45EC-A61B-6B827712F227.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	176931  
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 2:17 am   #22
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: BBC Micro RGB - SCART INPUT VIA VCR

Ah, Elite, the BBC game which sold 10,000 Floppy Disc Drives (The Disc version was enhanced). It didn't look any different but it was more content-rich - more different types of ships, possibly more of the elusive 'Missions'. This was one of the few smoothly 'flyable' versions of Elite thanks to the BBC B's choice of an analogue stick rather than the switched stick favoured by most contemporary machines.

'The Aviator' is also good fun if you can find it, one of the earliest 'Combat Flight Sims' I can remember playing.
Closed Thread