UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Apr 2020, 2:26 pm   #1
electronicskip
Nonode

Default The Marconi monument. Forest of Dean.

Whilst reading a quite unrelated book about POW prisoners during the war in Gloucestershire , i came upon a reference to a Monument dedicated to Marconi and built by Italian POW Prisoners during WW2.

The words and pictures describe it as a huge monument with pillars and coats of arms etc as the pictures in this link show.

Unfortunatly it was left in disrepair after the war and despite the Italian government offering a donation in 1961 to restore it , it was decided to demolish it and now a housing estate resides on the spot.

The monument was situated in Wynols Hill Coleford and was completed in 1944 and demolished in 1977

https://www.sungreen.co.uk/Broadwell...i-Memorial.htm
Old 10th Apr 2020, 2:48 pm   #2

Default Re: The Marconi monument. Forest of Dean.

What a structure, pity it's gone.

Old 10th Apr 2020, 3:49 pm   #3
electronicskip
Nonode

Default Re: The Marconi monument. Forest of Dean.

Some of it has survived in someones garden! by the looks of it.