UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jul 2018, 8:02 pm   #1
B67head
Diode

Question Maplin HiFi tape recorder kit 1980's

Hi folks,
I picked up a very good cassette mechanism NOS made for Tandberg that was part of a Maplin 'HiFi tape K9' project sometime in the early 80's. The motor has a date stamp of March 1976. Unfortunately the previous owner, who had part-assembled the project, did not have the schematic or any information on the 40 Pin outs that are on the main circuit board. If anyone would have any info on this I would be very grateful. My searches to date have yielded nothing.
Old 9th Jul 2018, 8:57 pm   #2
OscarFoxtrot
Heptode

Default Re: Maplin HiFi tape recorder kit 1980's

www.americanradiohistory.com has archives of various Maplin magazines and project books, and see also
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?p=809333
Old 9th Jul 2018, 9:24 pm   #3
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Somewhere I may still have the leaflet Maplin supplied with those Cassette recorder kits, if I can find it. I don't think it included a detailed circuit diagram as such, but it did obviously include full instructions as to how to wire up the PCB to the JVC mechanism ,and what off-board connections (for mic. aux-in & out, etc.) went where. The recorder was powered from a standard Bridge-rectified supply and small mains transformer. I still have my PCB and other parts, though I scrapped the recorder some years ago.
Old 10th Jul 2018, 12:09 am   #4
Radio Wrangler

I once made myself a cassette machine with one of those mechanisms back in that era. They were made by JVC and had their very good 'SENDUST" head

Well worth rescuing!

David