UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Oct 2013, 4:57 pm   #1
KennyJ83
Retired Dormant Member

Default Levell TG200DMP

I have been having an intermittant fualt with the output when set to square wave. Its on one minute and completely gone the next.
Just wondering if anybodys had a similar fault or any tips on where to start looking for it.
Old 22nd Oct 2013, 5:29 pm   #2
ronbryan
Octode

Default Re: Tg200dmp

For a start, try cleaning the slide switch S3 a,b,c with Servisol and operating it rapidly. The two transistor squaring circuit (on the small pcb with two pots) has its output and +18V and -18V supplies switched by this component.

Ron
Old 22nd Oct 2013, 7:53 pm   #3
KennyJ83
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Tg200dmp

Thanks ronbryan

I tried the switch first. When im not getting a signal through on the scope the switch still has the supplies going to the small pcb. Also took the two transistors and the two diodes out and they all work fine. Its a weird one
Old 22nd Oct 2013, 10:14 pm   #4
ronbryan
Octode

Default Re: Levell TG200DMP

Can you confirm that S3a is making good contact - this switches the output of the Schmitt trigger to the output amp when Square is selected.

Otherwise you will have to trace the signal through the trigger circuit using a multimeter and/or scope. The two pots on the trigger pcb set the amplitude of the square wave and the mark/space ratio. One of these could possibly be intermittent.

Ron
Old 23rd Oct 2013, 12:59 pm   #5
KennyJ83
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Levell TG200DMP

Thanks Ron

I gave the switch a good spray with ultrasolve last night. Today it's been working pretty well. I took it apart to test but have yet been able to make the fault appear again. Think you're bang on about it being the switch.

Thanks for your help
Closed Thread