UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Feb 2018, 6:54 pm   #21
garrard.mike
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Capacitor help/recapping, what to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station X View Post
If you're going to use quotation marks please quote accurately. What I actually said was this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station X View Post
I could post links to suitable components, but you wouldn't learn anything that way.
and you deleted the post, so I am made to look like an idiot.

I don't know what your problem is with me Station X but I can assure you I appreciate this forum, but I fail to see why you would take such a patronising attitiude with me.

Thank You for posting the links, but why did you delete a whole section of my thread about telling me to 'go and learn'?

Fortunatley my parts are in the post, so hopefully I won't have to trouble any of you again....................
Old 8th Feb 2018, 6:58 pm   #22
Station X

The quote in post #20 is the unedited version which you were complaining about. I do not see how it makes you look like an idiot. Once you'd made it clear that you wanted to know exactly what to buy I edited the post and posted links to suitable components

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 8th Feb 2018, 7:07 pm   #23
garrard.mike
Retired Dormant Member

thanks for your input, I will try not bother anyone in this forum again.
the fact you deleted a section of my thread which implicated you patronising me like a child, gives me no confidence in this forum.
goodbye, have a nice life.
Old 8th Feb 2018, 8:19 pm   #24
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

This forum is all about helping other members within our shared hobby. Help was requested, and various answers given. Maybe not exactly as you would have liked them to be fed to you, unfortunately. The fact is, this forum has a lot of wonderful people, only too willing to assist. Comments about being "patronised" I am afraid will not help you at all in your quest for assistance with the task of restoring your record player. Just stick with comments regarding only the assistance offered (or questions arising) and I am sure you will persevere with the help of the other members on here. Given your stated skill and intelligence in your career so far, I am sure you will succeed.
Rob
Old 8th Feb 2018, 8:35 pm   #25
garrard.mike
Retired Dormant Member

hi robinshack
thanks for your contribution.

The fact is, a mod decided to delete part of my thread where I was told to "go and learn".

That is not what anyone would like as a newbie. very unwelcoming......

I have probably read 70 threads on the subject I was enquiring about, and to then be told "I could post the links but you should go and learn" is not only patronising, it is downright rude.
Either help, or don't help, don't post " I could post the links but i chose not to"

That is just plain and simple rude and bad mannered, not what I expect from such a highly regarded forum.

There are many wonderful people in this forum, from whom I have learnt a great deal in a short space of time.

I object to being told "I wont learn" when I ask a simple question for help.

Thank you for your reply to my post, the assistance offered was patronising and then deleted, behaviour like that, from a mod, is not what i expect from a highly respected forum.

Fortunatley I am done, my caps are on the way,so I won't be bothering anyone again anytime soon.

really, " I could post the links but I won't" what way is that for a mod to behave!
Old 9th Feb 2018, 7:38 am   #26
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Cor blimey! Could say more, but won't as it would be academic; Mike has left the forum.

Andy.