UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Aug 2022, 10:13 am   #21
murphyv310
Dekatron

Default Re: Band 1 Rod Pentode modulator (Part 2)

Hi.
I've been asked for more details re parts. Crystals are harder these days to obtain, they are no longer manufactured in the UK unfortunately but are available from European manufacturers and China. Beware any company that can sell newly manufactured crystals and deliver in a week, these are not properly aged. Expect an ETA of at least 4 weeks.
The coil formers are 8mm OD wound with enamelled copper wire 0.5mm diameter, thinner wire can be used but it gives less Q and the tuning is flatter, adjust the video tuning for minimum sound buzz consistent with good output.
Valves are available from many ebay sellers in Russia, Eastern Europe and Ukraine, I recently got valves from Ukraine although the delivery time was long.
Old 16th Aug 2022, 9:01 am   #22
murphyv310
Dekatron

Hi.
I'm going to draw out the final final diagram but I don't have any fancy PC based program to do it. I can do a hand drawn diagram that will be triple checked, could someone redraw it for me using a program that gives a professional look and nice and readable?
Please PM me if that's possible.
Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd Oct 2022, 6:58 am   #23
Chris55000
Nonode

My S Plan 8 is all ready for action with all the correct valve symbols and lettering!

PM sent.

Chris Williams
Old 23rd Oct 2022, 1:12 pm   #24
murphyv310
Dekatron

Thanks Chris.

I've replied by PM
Closed Thread