UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Old 10th Feb 2018, 8:02 pm   #1
Cobaltblue
Nonode

Default Dansette RT60 spotted in The Railway Streatham

I am used to spotting odd radios in pubs and shops but this one is uncommon enough for comment. It was the only Radio I saw in the pub.

It threw me because I would have expected it to have Dansette on the bottom of the dial.

Cheers

Mike T
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180210_154245.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	157148  
Cobaltblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2018, 8:36 pm   #2
ColinTheAmpMan1
Heptode

Default Re: Dansette RT60 spotted in The Railway Streatham

Well, talk about happenstance! I am a member of South West London CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) Branch and I had an email from our Branch Secretary yesterday informing me of the pubs that scored some success in being voted as our Branch pub of the year. Would you believe that the Railway, 2 Greyhound Lane, Streatham SW16 5SD came in third? This pub was runner-up last year. So double the pleasure of drinking excellent beer and looking at uncommon radios, too.
Colin.

Last edited by ColinTheAmpMan1; 16th Feb 2018 at 8:38 pm. Reason: Forgotten question-mark added.
ColinTheAmpMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2018, 8:50 pm   #3
Paul_RK
Nonode

The Dansette RT60, like the RT66, was offered by surplus dealers around 1961-2 in the pages of Wireless World and probably elsewhere: no brand was mentioned in the ads, so maybe the radio in the Railway was one of those sets, sold unbranded to reduce any commercial harm to the Dansette name.

Paul
Paul_RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2018, 11:08 pm   #4
paulsherwin

I went to the Railway when visiting my aunt about 15 years ago (she lived in Ellison Road and is now deceased). I remember it had a very impressive 1930s bar at the back. Hopefully it hasn't been wrecked in the meantime.
paulsherwin is online now   Reply With Quote