UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Jan 2018, 9:20 pm   #1
Rigsby 77
Diode

Default Hello people, retired engineer back here.

After a few years of flux in my life I'm now settled and glad to get out of repairing consumer electronics and to be frank, dealing with the public After nearly 30 years of having a rather nice workshop at home and turning out quality repairs I sold the house and workshop last March, the court and my ex wife's barrister sort of insisted I was a BVWS member for quite a few years when I got the bug and started restoring radios, used to buy and sell the Pye P75 and Sanyo Betamax recorders. Sold a lot of my collection at auction for next to nothing !! but had to size down. I've moved back to Wolverhampton still got a few bits to play with in fact I need a platter bearing for a Monarch deck fitted in a Dansette conquest auto, it fell on my foot when I moved lol
Old 26th Jan 2018, 1:08 am   #2
Skywave
Dekatron

Thumbs up Re: Hello people, retired engineer back here.

From one retired engineer to another: welcome!

AL.