UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Dec 2017, 12:27 pm   #1
Eidolon
Hexode

Default Making a stand for Philips 22" 1980's sets

I have a Philips 22CS1002/05T TV. I have also not long back aquired a later 80's Philips 22" set (mid 80's I reckon) with a digital tuner, still wood effect and looks about the same size as the 22CS1002/05T.

I have a stand for Philips sets, but it's not quite right for what I need, so I was looking to have a custom one made at a local metal works place. Although sorting out the castors and black plastic bits at the ends of the legs is still something I'm trying to figure out a solution to.

I do not have the model number of the second set to hand. But given that it's wood effect and looks the same size, I was wondering if there was a standardized connection for stands? If so I would like to take it as a chance to get two stands made at the time.
Old 30th Dec 2017, 12:03 pm   #2
Stuart R
Heptode

Default Re: Making a stand for Philips 22" 1980's sets

Hello Eidolon,

I've sent you a PM. This coffee table appears to be made from a TV stand and is about to go in the skip. Guessing from the TVs the owners had at the time, it could be from a 1980s Philps or Luxor.

It's 67cm wide, measured from the outer edge of each legĀ·

I've looked at on-line Brochures for the model numbers you mention, but the metal legs and wooden bar on those sets are oval in profile, these ones are all rectangular. Maybe forum members could identify if this one is any use to you.

Regards,

SR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5636.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	154704   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5634.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	154705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5635.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	154706  
Old 31st Dec 2017, 2:36 pm   #3
System A
Pentode

Hi.

This stand is from a Pye set of that era, it could be from a G11 or K30. I have a Pye K30 which has the original stand fitted which is identical to the one in the picture.

Regards, Gary.
Old 1st Jan 2018, 12:00 am   #4
Stuart R
Heptode

You're right Gary, it was a Pye G11 set that I remember from my childhood, not a Philips.

Whatever it is, it won't be there much longer as the house clearance men are on their way soon.

Thanks,

SR
Old 4th Jan 2018, 2:35 pm   #5
Eidolon
Hexode

Mine when built will need to be roughly the same height as the TV itself from what I can gather from a rough estimate of the things going under it.
Closed Thread