UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Mar 2014, 12:34 pm   #1
Martin G7MRV
Heptode

Default Could you monitor Radio and/or TV on behalf of Arqiva?

Arqiva Broadcast are the company that transmits the Freeview TV services and the BBC Radio services, plus many commercial stations, on LW, MW, FM and DAB

To help us ensure the best possible services, we rely on our volunteer network of Audience Contacts, who we call occasionally and ask to pop a radio or telly on and quickly check a service for us. Likewise, if an Audience Contact notices a problem with services, they can call us here at the Broadcast Operations Center, and let us know. All we ask is that our contact number is kept confidential, as were not equipped for large call volumes!

If you are able to monitor any of our radio or TV services, and would like to be considered as one of our volunteer Audience Contacts, please go to http://www.arqiva.com/audience and fill in the form!

You don't need to be able to check everything we transmit! and we are particularly interested in expanding our MW, FM and DAB audience contacts list.

All submitted forms come direct to me for review, and if suitable I pass them then to the appropriate teams who will contact the applicant shortly.

Regards

Martin G7MRV
Audience Contact Recruitment
Senior Network Operator
Arqiva Broadcast Operations

My Blog - http://g7mrv.blogspot.com
Old 31st Mar 2014, 6:33 pm   #2
Martin G7MRV
Heptode

Default Re: Could you monitor Radio and/or TV on behalf of Arqiva?

Several forms have succesfully come through from forum members, thanks!

Please be aware it may take me some time to get around to contacting you if your TV reception is from what we call a 'main' station, ie one of the big ones! This is because I have to concentrate at present of contacts using the small relays that we are most in need of! Also, im awaiting a modification to our database system that will allow me to record the radio services you can monitor more accurately.

So please be patient, I will get around to replying to everyone eventually!

Cheers

Martin
Audience Contact Recruitment
Senior Network Operator
Arqiva Broadcast Operations

Old 9th Apr 2014, 8:26 am   #3
Martin G7MRV
Heptode

Hi All,

Our IT dept have now fixed the webpage and the form. The right form is now back to being www.arqiva.com/audience

Many thanks

Last edited by Paul Stenning; 9th Apr 2014 at 8:29 am. Reason: Thread tidying
Old 10th Apr 2014, 12:00 pm   #4
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

I have just filled the form in. I know I am covered by the main Mendip Freeview transmitter but I do listen to a lot of radio on AM, FM and DAB from both the main high powered and local transmitters.
Old 17th Jun 2014, 4:44 pm   #5
Martin G7MRV
Heptode

Thanks to all who have responded to this and filled in the online form!

I have finally managed to hand over the process going forward to our Service Management desk, and they will soon be making a start contacting and recruiting you all!

Sorry for the delay

Old 4th Jul 2014, 5:29 pm   #6
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Just had call from Arqiva but was unable to take it as I was either at the dentist or driving at the time. They said they would call me back.
Old 8th Jul 2014, 8:16 pm   #7
sentinel040
Pentode

Location: Stonnall near Lichfield, Staffordshire, UK, most of the time and Crystal Palace, S London, some of the time..

Ditto; I had one a few days ago but unfortunately it came up number withheld so I ignored it due to all the ruddy PPI calls I keep getting.....

Hey ho, i hope they ring back (and number shown would be useful!)

Regards

Ian
Old 9th Jul 2014, 10:24 am   #8
Martin G7MRV
Heptode

Unfortunately, this will happen because the call comes out through our VoIP switchboard. We can call using a mobile, which will show the number (although im not sure what number it would show! Most likely an 01924 number) but I can only have this done by prearrangement. If you'd like to PM me your full name I can ask the team to call using one of the mobiles.

Old 12th Jul 2014, 12:36 am   #9
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid tellies View Post
Just had call from Arqiva but was unable to take it as I was either at the dentist or driving at the time. They said they would call me back.
They did call me back and I had a very interesting conversation with them.
Old 12th Jul 2014, 1:36 am   #10
paulsherwin

I do feel that withholding the number on calls is a mistake. Most people with CLI will interpret this as a nuisance call, and some people pay a premium to have all calls with the number withheld barred.

Surely it's possible to program the PBX to give a standard contact number as the originating number?
Old 18th Aug 2014, 12:16 pm   #11
Arqiva BOC
Tetrode

Hello All!

Yes, Its still me, Martin G7MRV - I have split my personal account off and created an account specially for any comms regarding Arqiva activities. Please feel free to raise any concerns over our services via this username,

We think we have now completed the recruitment backlog, so, if anyone on here who registered to be recruited as one of our Audience Contacts, has not yet heard back from us, please let me know!

We do have a list of contacts we have so far not managed to get through to after several attempts.
Old 3rd Sep 2014, 12:55 pm   #12
Arqiva BOC
Tetrode

Hi All,

WE still need more Audience Contacts!

Especially, we are looking for people who receive their Freeview service via a 'Freeview Lite' transmitter. These are the small relays that only transmit the PSB services.

If you are on one of these relays, and would like to be considered as one of our volunteer Audience Contacts, please go to http://www.arqiva.com/audience and fill in the form!
we would like to hear from you!

Martin G7MRV
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:18 am   #13
Tim
Nonode

Quote:
I do feel that withholding the number on calls is a mistake. Most people with CLI will interpret this as a nuisance call, and some people pay a premium to have all calls with the number withheld barred.
Like me for instance. I just don't answer any Number withheld or International calls on my home or mobile phone-again due to nuciance calls form PPI firms etc..( Unless my wife is in, and then she glares at me until I do.) Could that be why I haven't heard from you? Mind you I haven't had a forum message or e mail either. I have been on hols for the last two weeks as well.
Old 4th Sep 2014, 11:00 am   #14
Arqiva BOC
Tetrode

Tim,

If you've submitted the form via our website, then you will be on the list to be contacted.

The trouble is that we can't dedicate staff to these calls, we can only fit them around other work. I do know however that one of my colleagues is at this very moment calling people!

If we don't get a reply, we will try again via one of the mobiles. Unfortunately, higher levels than mine set the telephony policy!

Martin
Old 5th Sep 2014, 10:35 am   #15
Tim
Nonode

Ok thanks Martin.