UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Jan 2018, 8:02 pm   #1
JMilton
Diode

Default Greetings from Blackburn

Hi to you all.

I'm a 50 something bumbling into a new hobby in Electronics. I have been eagerly playing with Raspberry Pi's and Arduinos and am thouroughly enjoying it even if I am still in the very basic and noob category.

I bought a very old and broken Roberts R200 and am in the process if giving it a new lease of life. This and a recent find of a DAB Roberts with the dreaded peeling skin issues. I have recovered the R200 but I am very often guilty of not finishing any of my projects as I shuffle over at a tangent onto something else if I hit any problems. Looking forward to reading your threads and possibly picking your brains.

Cheers John
Old 27th Jan 2018, 9:19 pm   #2
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Default Re: Greetings from Blackburn

Welcome John, it is a great forum, so ask for any help (If needed).
Old 27th Jan 2018, 9:28 pm   #3
Cobaltblue
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMilton View Post
I have recovered the R200 but I am very often guilty of not finishing any of my projects as I shuffle over at a tangent onto something else if I hit any problems.
Nice to know I am not the only one

Welcome to the forum, perhaps next you can try something of the valve variety

Cheers

Mike T
Old 28th Jan 2018, 7:22 am   #4
Boater Sam
Dekatron

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.

Welcome and hello.

Recovering R200 is a step into the deep for starters, well done. I have 3 that should be recovered, may get them dome some time.

Please desist mentioning that digital thing again, folk here get a bit lemon sucking faced about it.
Sam.
Closed Thread