UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 16th Dec 2017, 1:56 pm   #1
telstar
Octode

Default French vintage radio at Otley, West Yorkshire

Hi. Whilst out on my travels, I spotted a vintage radio of French manufacture in Otley, West Yorkshire at a clock repairers located in a shopping arcade near the parish church.
The cabinet is wood (upright) and has a distinctive sunrise pattern that ends in a "T" on the ends of each sun ray. The valves have a French manufacture on them.
I could not get much information on it with regards manufacture name, and the number 428 is on the chassis (according to the shop owner), nor could I get an immediate photograph of it.
Perhaps local radio collectors may get to visit the shop?
Cheers
Mike
Old 16th Dec 2017, 7:42 pm   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: French vintage radio at Otley, West Yorkshire

Radiola 428?

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/radiola_428a428.html

Lawrence.
Old 18th Dec 2017, 6:08 pm   #3
telstar
Octode

No Lawrence it is different again from the photograph on that site.
I will try and get a photograph of the radio sometime. He just has it on display, but I do not have any room to put it in my house. The sale is nothing to do with me, I just noticed it whilst wondering about.
Cheers
Mike
Old 18th Dec 2017, 7:07 pm   #4
ms660
Dekatron

Cheers, the mystery deepens.

Lawrence.
Closed Thread