UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Mar 2020, 12:28 pm   #1
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Default Royal Navy Transmitter 5G - Coils info?

Hi All,

I recently acquired a 5G Transmitter on eBay and am looking for details on the plug-in set of three PA coils supplied as standard. Two people on the VMARS-Collector forum have sent me photos of the single coils they have but in both cases it looks as though the coils have been rewound and modified.

The PA tuning and aerial tuning coils share a common coil former and the single coil I have has approx 14 and 9 turns respectively. The identifying mark on my coil has been defaced and so is of no help. If I was to guess I'd say it was a "B" originally but probably has also been rewound. Coils were marked A, B or C.

A photo of the coil is attached and I'd be very grateful if anyone can help. The manual doesn't give coil info and HMS Collingwood's 5G has been modified, possible to a pi-network with taps.

Roger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic_6.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	200124  

Last edited by G3VKM_Roger; 3rd Mar 2020 at 12:31 pm. Reason: spelling
Old 19th Mar 2020, 1:24 pm   #2
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Default Re: Royal Navy Transmitter 5G - Coils info?

Info now in hand and the topic can be closed, thanks!
Closed Thread