UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Mar 2020, 9:48 pm   #1
Robsradio
Heptode

Default iPhone 6 battery sourcing?

Good evening,
A while ago I gave an iPhone 6 a new home but it was not good from day 1 as it would just switch off at random charge states so got put away.
My projects are very light at present so I thought I would follow this up, got it to pieces, quite easy and didn’t break anything, removed the battery ok too.
Now I am after recommendations on the best place to get a cheap battery for it?
Has anyone here replaced one and found a good place to source one, eBay seems awash with them at very varying prices?
Thanks
Rob
Old 7th Mar 2020, 10:30 pm   #2
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Default Re: iPhone 6 battery sourcing?

Just found this site, know nothing about them, perhaps worth checking.
https://www.batteryupgrade.co.uk/sho...uctId=45382477
Old 7th Mar 2020, 10:51 pm   #3
Dickie
Octode

I've purchased several batteries from these people and been quite satisfied. Not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

https://iphonefixuk.co.uk/

Richard, BVWS member
Old 8th Mar 2020, 12:54 am   #4
julie_m
Dekatron

If you've never changed an iPhone battery before, you can get a complete kit which includes the battery and all the necessary tools. Removing the old battery is scary as you can end up bending it in half in the course of getting it out, so make sure it is fully discharged and your eyes are protected. It's probably best to do this part of the job outdoors.
Old 8th Mar 2020, 3:24 pm   #5
Robsradio
Heptode

Thanks for the heads up on suppliers, I will look into it.
Phone dismantled very easily and without the tools, was expecting the battery double sided tape to put up a fight, but they were the 'chewing gum' type strips that you pull out from the ends, a bit like the tape used on the 3M non marking plastic hooks.
Old 8th Mar 2020, 7:06 pm   #6
camallison
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvistor View Post
Just found this site, know nothing about them, perhaps worth checking.
https://www.batteryupgrade.co.uk/sho...uctId=45382477
I have bought from these people many times in the past for family and friends upgrades and repairs. They're not the cheapest, but their batteries are every bit as good as the original. Well worth the money

Colin
Closed Thread