UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Sep 2018, 12:49 pm   #81
bc312
Pentode

Default Re: Changing the BVWS

Jac - fully agree.
Mike

BVWS member, EUG, G-QRP
Radio Bygones/Radiophile
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 8:53 am   #82
mark2collection
Hexode

As others have suggested, a name change won't help.

As a constructive idea, a website 'refresh' will make the browsing experience more engaging, it needs to sell itself. Since we're talking vintage technology, add a vintage feel to the site with a touch of classy elegance. How often have we been in old buildings & on the inside, wow!

The younger generation (the ones currently at school) and their parents, in general, are unaware anything can be repaired.

Add to this, college/uni-grads still living with parents frantically climbing the career ladder for a deposit for an 'affordable' home, meanwhile, grandad's pre-war set still resides in the attic looking rather forlorn.

The current younger generation will reminisce, by which time, they'll be grey too.

Things will continue, and no doubt morph with the times.

Mark

Last edited by mark2collection; 23rd Sep 2018 at 9:06 am. Reason: Added text
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 4:07 pm   #83
electronicskip
Nonode

Exactly, I work with a lot of younger people in their 20's and when I say I restore/play with old electronics they laugh and look at me like I'm an Alien!
I'm 56 and they look at me like I'm 150.

I really don't think changing the name will make the slightest difference to attracting the younger generation, only maybe a bit more internet exposure on the search engines.
Closed Thread