UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Sep 2017, 6:43 pm   #61

Default Re: An opportunity to be SMUG

My last silly comment, the number of bits of test gear you have is measured in Kerrs, a derivation from Wayne Kerr.

Old 15th Sep 2017, 7:16 pm   #62
ukcol
Rest in Peace

... and if you find the need to convert Kerrs to kilo-Kerrs you know you have a problem.
Old 15th Sep 2017, 8:53 pm   #63
julie_m
Dekatron

If we're going to start proposing new units, how about a milliHelen -- defined as the level of beauty of a face beautiful enough to launch exactly one ship?

Curries could be measured in dBk. 0dBk is the capsaicin concentration of a korma, with each 10dB added increasing the number of moles of capsaicin per litre of curry by 10 times. This of course corresponds to a decrease of one whole pCap point.
Old 15th Sep 2017, 9:02 pm   #64

There is already one for chillies (curry heat) called the Scoville unit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale, it is linear unlike human senses.

Closed Thread