UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Apr 2020, 11:07 am   #1
llama
Octode

Default WS-19 transformer?

Looking in my stash for an earpiece the other day I found an assembly I put together as a teen - an earpiece sunk into the end of a Hunts electrolytic case. Much to my surprise, there was also inside the little transformer shown. My suspicion is that I re-purposed a transformer from a stripped-out B-set from a 19 set but I have no recollection of using it. I do recall removing a B-set from a Mk II 19 set (like most other owners).

The wires are 2x black, 1x red, 1x beige, 1x cream. They may have contrasting additional colours in the insulation but the wax/varnish makes this unclear.

black to black: 6 Ohms
red to beige: 6.7 kOhms
cream: n/c

3.5cm wide, 3cm tall.

Any ID comments, please?
Graham
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trans-1.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	204104   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trans-2.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	204105  

Last edited by llama; 27th Apr 2020 at 11:08 am. Reason: size matters
Old 27th Apr 2020, 1:34 pm   #2
Orakle42
Pentode

Default Re: WS-19 transformer?

Try T4A or T4B, colours are probably altered by the protective spay.
The "no connection" is a screen.

Orakle42
Old 27th Apr 2020, 6:16 pm   #3
llama
Octode

Default Re: WS-19 transformer?

Thanks for that. Yes, seems very likely. Wireless for the Warrior shows both and I think the numbering scheme means they are the same spec but used in different positions. WftW doesn't give the spec for a T4x but the resistances given would tally with a mic transformer.

I seem to recall that this transformer is prone to either green spot or burnt out fine-wire-gauge secondary due to leaky capacitors. I may need it at some stage to fettle one of my Mk IIIs!
Thanks again. Graham