UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Jul 2017, 7:19 pm   #1
plaka78
Pentode

Default Bush SRP 41 Amp issue

I have restored this record player, On soak test I could see wisps of smoke, The output pair gets very hot. I have change all Capacitor and Resistors which made no difference, I then change the AD161 AD162 with some that I know are serviceable again made no difference, I checked the two Pots on the board and can’t see anything wrong with them, There is no distortion on the sound when its starts cooking! And the midway bias seem correct as it half the supply voltage. The only 3 things that I have not changed is the two small signal transistors and the driver transistor. If anyone got any ideas or a circuit diagram would be a great help.
The fault is also the same with zero volume setting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amp.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	146794  
Old 25th Jul 2017, 7:57 pm   #2
plaka78
Pentode

Default Re: Bush SRP 41 Amp issue

I gave it some thought! It had to be bias problem that sets sets the quiescent and the fact there was on distortion. Removed crossover bias pot (50 ohm) and replaced it with a 22 ohm resistor and now it run cool with clean sound. I could kick myself as I should known better!!
Closed Thread