UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Sep 2015, 8:59 am   #1
SurreyNick
Heptode

Default MV 41 valve?

Here's a conundrum. I have picked up a Marconiphone Model 55 portable receiver dated 1929 and in it is a valve which I can find no reference of!

It appears to be a MV 41 (pictured).

It's in substitute of the H210 and acts as the leaky grid detector. Has anyone ever heard of it? There's nothing at all on Radio Museum or The National Valve Museum, which really surprised me as that's a first for me!

The only other writing on the glass envelope is:

VI No. 74
GPO
SERIAL No

Does anyone know anything about this valve?

Thanks

Nick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Valve MV 41.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	113640  
Old 1st Oct 2015, 11:45 am   #2
Mr Moose
Octode

Default Re: MV 41 valve?

Hello,

Could it be a GPO VT 74 triode? http://www.radiomuseum.org/tubes/tube_vt74_gpo.html

The very last Mullard 2V triodes were in glass tubular envelopes similar to yours.

I found the attached picture of a earlier Mullard PM2HL on the internet and you can see it has a similar internal structure.

Yours, Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MULLARD.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	113686  
Old 1st Oct 2015, 12:53 pm   #3
SurreyNick
Heptode

Default Re: MV 41 valve?

I think you've solved it Richard. Thanks and well done!
Nick
Closed Thread