UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 2nd May 2016, 12:08 pm   #1
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Telefunken Partner 3

I won this radio on Ebay it took three weeks to arrive. It looked in a sorry state but with batteries fitted it did work, just.
I have done quite few of these and learnt to replace all electrolytics and those little brown paper capacitors, some fifteen in total all read leaky or low capacitance, now it worked much better.

I noticed the volume would vary when tilting the radio, I had this type of fault before caused by a loose slug moving in the IF. Tx.
But which I.F was at fault, a quick adjustment of the coils pointed to the one off tune. Removing the can was a bit fiddly, when opened the ferrite surrounding the coil was loose. This was super glued, just one spot of it did the trick.

To cut a long story short I found I needed to do the other two IFs. It now responded to an alignment 460 kc/s. The only thing that didn't seem to adjust was the aerial trimmer. On close inspection it was found that the copper strip was broken, and the square under the screw was in half. Having tried to fabricate one I gave up and fitted a miniature trimmer.

The case was dirty but in good condition. The front trims were removed and cleaned with tee cut, finished off with a coat of clear lacquer. The case responded to a good soak in hot water and washing up liquid.

The front diagonal trim was re painted with the appropriate red and I am very pleased with the results. Mick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0041.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	123834   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0042.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	123835   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0043.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	123836  
Old 3rd May 2016, 1:00 am   #2
Tyso_Bl
Hexode

Default Re: Telefunken Partner 3

Nice job. I do like the service info on the back cover, if only more eqipment had that. Nice style too.