UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Sep 2020, 2:29 pm   #161
vintage_8bit
Heptode

Default Re: Marconi TF144H/4S

Reference Andrews comment above. I also had the same problem with sleeving on the coil pack and elsewhere in the generator. It took me every evening for 2 weeks re-sleeving each coil pack. The sleeving had gone very tacky and conductive. it burnt out one coil pack and 2 thermocouple shunts before I realised what was happening. Every now and then it would short. The only sign was the power meter might be seen dipping slightly. Then it might be ok for days. I thought I was the only one that had seen this problem. Colin
Old 4th Sep 2020, 5:57 pm   #162
Sinewave
Octode

I've been lucky in that respect as I've not had any issues with conductive sleeving. I wonder what the voltages would be on some of the other generators? Particulalrly the ALC test voltage measured at the headphones jack.
Old 11th Sep 2020, 10:38 pm   #163
Sinewave
Octode

It appears that this set may well be valve sensitive.

Out of curiosity, I tried a different valve for V102. ALC voltages remain unaffected, but the voltage measured across XT101 for range E measures 23.5V and for XT102 range A 15.5V, which is down from 29v and 19v respectively.