UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Nov 2011, 10:12 pm   #41
Steve_P
Dekatron

Default Re: BVWS North West swap meet

I've just surfaced. I'd forgotten that there are two 9'oclocks in a day! Good day all around and I haven't found out yet how Mark got all that stuff past his wife.

The Pilot Little Maestro was, it turned out, a victim of repair errors. After I'd checked that the coils were OK and that the tuning cap wasn't shorted and then tried a replacement valve, I then had to resort to looking at the circuit. Then it became obvious but I'll not post it... it isn't my set. Easy enough to do, and Joe went away with the fault written down....

Nice to meet everyone and I had a quick wander round as well. God the Bitter in there is good!!

When is the next one, Mark, And a bigger table would be nice...

Cheers,

Steve P.
Old 20th Nov 2011, 10:24 pm   #42
Mark the Mender
Retired Dormant Member

Steve P with beer? blimey!
Glad you enjoyed it and managed to fix some stuff for others.

Next event will be back end of March

cheers Mark
Old 20th Nov 2011, 11:44 pm   #43
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

I had a great day, met a few Forum members for the first time. I must have seen other Forum members and not recognised them sorry. "March" I can't wait. Get your shopping list ready Mark.

John.
Old 21st Nov 2011, 4:09 pm   #44
Guitarist28
Heptode

I had a great day, thanks Mark, excellent purchases and another bootload to add to the garage.
It was good to meet everybody and as MichealR indicated, put names to the avitars.

Rob
Old 21st Nov 2011, 6:23 pm   #45
telstar
Octode

Hi. I enjoyed the day out at Golborne. I managed to obtain the ex-Yugoslavian "Barclay" valve radio (made by E.I who now make valve amplifiers for musicians, and know nothing of their previous radio manufacturing history!). The set was made for the U.K market, and has Radio Caroline on 199mtrs m.w from their first ship "Fredericia" (renamed M.V Caroline), so a bit of social history!
Good to have met other users of this forum. Also great to see old tv progs.
Cheers
Mike
Old 21st Nov 2011, 9:29 pm   #46
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Thanks for the mention of Phil and myself in despatches! Ive been unconcious earlier as well Stevegreat to meet so many people. If we can do ia stall again, might use the table label as a badge. Fantastic Mike B display as always plus the woodwork-amazing!

One thought, I did wonder if there is any mileage in having an initial "community" display of early TV that the General Public can be invited to view, prior to the paid admission to the actual event that is [donation to BVWS?]. I know this sort of happened by default in a way [and some people seemed very interested] but it's not the same as knowing that you are welcome to take a look. Could be good for public relations or am I being naive? Dave W
Old 21st Nov 2011, 11:21 pm   #47
bobbyball
Octode

Enjoyed it thoroughly and bought some much needed capacitors from the BVWS stand!

Robert
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 5:32 pm   #48
Tazman1966
Nonode

Thanks to all who organised this event. An enjoyable day out. The only things I didn't get to do was to say goodbye to a couple of you and sign the cards
Old 25th Nov 2011, 10:52 pm   #49
ThePillenwerfer
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_P View Post
The Pilot Little Maestro was, it turned out, a victim of repair errors. After I'd checked that the coils were OK and that the tuning cap wasn't shorted and then tried a replacement valve, I then had to resort to looking at the circuit. Then it became obvious but I'll not post it... it isn't my set. Easy enough to do, and Joe went away with the fault written down....
They say confession is good for the soul so... I'd put a 220Ω resistor where there should have been a 22kΩ one and then failed to see it for over six months.

All is now well.

Thanks, Steve.

- Joe
Closed Thread