UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 16th Nov 2019, 2:37 am   #21
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Default Re: DTMF to pulse converter

The "connections box" was sold separately, I suspect the OP is making connections to one of the supplied RJ45 cables.

A later style of connection box had leaf springs between the Krone strips instead of DIP switches, and a plastic comb was inserted to cut-over the unit(s)
Old 16th Nov 2019, 10:15 pm   #22
Oldcodger
Nonode

An alternative method which does all the work in one is one of the smaller Panasonic ( e.g. KXT 206) SYSTEMS, when fitted with a door intercom unit and a DC supply to power a Yale lock fitting. System is programmed for door entry. Programmed extensions ring to allow for communication and called person dial a code to allow entry .
Old 17th Nov 2019, 11:17 am   #23
OscarFoxtrot
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcodger View Post
An alternative method which does all the work in one is one of the smaller Panasonic ( e.g. KXT 206) SYSTEMS, when fitted with a door intercom unit and a DC supply to power a Yale lock fitting. System is programmed for door entry. Programmed extensions ring to allow for communication and called person dial a code to allow entry .
Not sure how that would interface with the OP's existing system (which I presume is common to a number of apartments).

Personally I think I'd use a cheap/old LD push-button phone and arrange relays to operate the hookswitch and '0' button.
Closed Thread