UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jun 2009, 1:21 pm   #1
crackleypot
Tetrode

Question PCB manufacturing companies

I am looking to have a number of PCBs made and am inviting suggestions of suitable companies. Usual stuff, double sided, thp, only small sized around 10off.

I see there are companies in the USA that provide software that connects with their manufacturing which seems good. I have seen expresspcb.com mentioned elsewhere.

I do have EasyPC-Pro from No1 systems as layout although my version is now rather old. It can output Gerber files but there is always some issue.

thanks
Old 11th Jun 2009, 2:01 pm   #2
jamesperrett
Octode

Default Re: PCB manufacturing companies

We usually use PCB Train in Newbury for our PCB's which are usually made in the sort of quantities that you are talking about. They accept Gerber files and Excellon format drill files from my fairly old version of Vutrax.

Cheers

James.
Old 11th Jun 2009, 2:12 pm   #3
GMB
Dekatron

For small volume runs I use Quick Circuits in Reading, who still actually have a PCB production line. All the other local companies I have dealt with in the past are just agents for Chinese manufacturers.

There are now several on-line pooling PCB manufacturers, usually in strange countries, that may give a good price - it depends on the exact details. They tend to charge less for setups, mainly because they can't be reused. They all have on-line price calculators so you can fiddle with the options to see what costs and what doesn't.
Old 11th Jun 2009, 6:27 pm   #4
Paul Stenning
Administrator

There is a thread in this very section only 6 down from the top asking for exactly the same info. https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=38956

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread