UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Sep 2019, 5:40 pm   #1
Vampyre666
Retired Dormant Member

Default My Revox CD player B165 wont eject CDs

My old Revox CD player wont cd platform. it takes cd in though and reads cds ok. i have to manually pull out tray. ive replaced caps on psu etc, still wont eject. all other functions ok. what could the problem be? Simon
Old 21st Sep 2019, 6:48 pm   #2
julie_m
Dekatron

Default Re: My Revox CD player B165 wont eject CDs

There will be a belt between the loading motor and the pinion that turns against the toothed rack on the drawer to wind it in and out. If this is worn out, it can slip against the pulleys without transferring any energy. The friction will be maximum when trying to start moving the drawer outwards, so this is when it would have the most trouble getting moving. The player's control circuit probably includes a timeout so if the "drawer fully closed" switch has not changed state within a few seconds, it removes power from the motor to protect against further damage.

If you buy a cheap bargain pack of assorted small rubber belts, one of them is bound to fit it.
Old 24th Sep 2019, 5:53 am   #3
PWH
Heptode

Default Re: My Revox CD player B165 wont eject CDs

Either the above or the grease on the mechanism has dried out. Might as well clean & replace the grease whilst doing the belt.
Closed Thread