UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 12th Oct 2009, 1:41 pm   #1
ekcobeach
Rest in Peace

Default Tonbridge Audiojumble.

As usual, thoroughly enjoyed the day. Loads of interesting people to chat with. Stalled out for the first time (shared a table with Andy Setsappeal) and sold some excess stuff. Bought an Ekco motortune set, several magic eye and radio valves and some small trannies and some radio knobs all very reasonably priced. In all a great day and looking forward to the next one. Colin. Ooops- forgot about the three Hacker Sovereigns and a really good Vade Mecum Valve data book.
Old 12th Oct 2009, 5:18 pm   #2
cmjones01
Nonode

Default Re: Tonbridge Audiojumble.

I went to the Audiojumble for the first time and came back with all sorts of useful things, or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Top of the list is a GEC communications receiver in frighteningly dilapidated condition. Only slightly lower are a lovely Avo 8 Mk 3 and very handy signal generator. Digging through boxes of assorted valves to find the obscurities you're looking for is always fun, too, and there was plenty of opportunity for that.

I'd definitely go again.
Old 12th Oct 2009, 5:50 pm   #3
howard
Nonode

I was at Tonbridge too, being the nearest event to home. I got several NOS valves for £1 apiece, smoothing and 450v electrolytics for 50p each and also a nice working 1982 Sony CDP-101 first generation CD player for £20. Not a lot of old radios there this time, loads of hi-fi of course including some nice vintage kit, plenty of Quad amps and tuners, a pair of good ESL 57 electrostatics in their boxes for £700, and several superb Thorens turntables. Rogers LS3/5A loudspeakers were down to a mere £500 a pair !

Howard
Old 12th Oct 2009, 6:05 pm   #4
cmjones01
Nonode

Aha! I had my eye on that CDP-101 but dithered a little too long. Well done on getting a bargain
Old 12th Oct 2009, 9:53 pm   #5
Valvepower
Octode

Hi,

Great day out.

I bought the Mullard Unilex modules and the small P20B Marconiphone battery set on the BVWS stall, I also bought a HH MA100 5 channel 100W group PA amp for my Son’s band, all right it’s not vintage being made in 1981 (although to my 16 year old Son it is!). This has a broken Perspex front panel, (this needs to be in place for safety reasons!!) thankfully this is still available as NOS part from MAJ electronics at a reasonable price, also the bridge is dead (which from memory was common fault in this amp), otherwise it looks fine.

Finally, thanks to John Howes for arranging it .

Look forward to Harpenden next weekend.

Terry.
Old 12th Oct 2009, 9:58 pm   #6
mark pirate
Dekatron

Hi Colin, .glad the capri made it to tonbridge
& you had a good day!

Mark
Closed Thread