UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 31st Jan 2010, 1:21 pm   #1
brianc
Rest in Peace

Default Immaculate EKco BP257 at auction in Stamford

Attention Ekco collectors - complete with original box, this battery valve portable looks immaculate. On-line bidding too. Lot number 354.

http://www.batemans-auctions.co.uk/c...php?SaleNo=121

Cheers
Brian
Old 31st Jan 2010, 1:56 pm   #2
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Immaculate EKco BP257 at auction in Stamford

Although you can indeed bid online, be aware of this (extract from the website).....
Quote:
Collection. All items must be paid for and collected within THREE days following the end of the sale - ie. Wednesday of the following week. Where purchases are not collected within three days after the sale, whether or not payment has been made, we shall arrange storage at the buyer's expense, charged at £1 per lot, per day thereafter, and only release the items purchased after payment has been made in full of storage, removal, insurance and any other cost incurred, together with all other amounts due to us.
Old 1st Feb 2010, 12:28 pm   #3
Alvin
Heptode

Have you seen the actual lot? Pic isn't high res but it doesn't look that immaculate to me.....the lighter patches down the right hand side may suggest some attempts at cleaning??

Alvin
Old 1st Feb 2010, 7:32 pm   #4
brianc
Rest in Peace

No Alvin, I haven't seen it so it may have been cleaned. I have asked them for a hi-res picture and condition report and will post the result.
Cheers
Brian
Old 4th Feb 2010, 6:05 pm   #5
brianc
Rest in Peace

I have now received some very good pictures of the set and, as Alvin says, it isn't "immaculate". There is some staining to the rear. However, it's not bad so I have attached the pictures as it is a fairly unusual set.
Cheers
Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	354_121 extra1 (Large).jpg
Views:	122
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	32268   Click image for larger version

Name:	354_121 extra2 (Large).jpg
Views:	120
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	32269   Click image for larger version