UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jul 2018, 7:10 pm   #21
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Putting the cart before the horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseymo1 View Post
Parallel printer switchboxes are pretty much redundant these days, and can often be picked up gratis. They make fine small instrument cases.
Car-boot sales are a good source of these.

I've also used extruded-aluminium cases from dead portable-USB-harddrives that people have been about to throw out. One of these is currently doing service as a case for a 20-watt dual-TDA2020 bridged audio amplifier, with the case serving as heatsink.
Old 22nd Jul 2018, 10:16 pm   #22
Refugee
Dekatron

There are also an awful lot of set top boxes about that are useful for the cases.
ACSL routers are going to be obsolete soon too so they will also yield there cases too.
Old 22nd Jul 2018, 11:16 pm   #23
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

I also do something like this. Years ago at a radio rally I bought a beautiful large black tuning knob (which I later learned was from an RA17) and some time later I built an 80 metre QRP VFO-controlled CW transceiver to go behind it!

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Closed Thread