UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 2nd Aug 2020, 1:38 pm   #1
retroaudio
Tetrode

Default Dansette Severn

I am currently servicing one of these for my own use. I have ordered a new stylus and greased the motor . The automatic play mechanism and the bearings in the turntable. This was seized so I had to heat it up with a hair dryer.

The amplifier seems to be OK it only has an output valve which I think is an EL84. Rectification is by diode(s). For the sake of being thorough I am looking for a circuit diagram to check the amp, I can't see one for sale on the usual sites and wondered if the Severn is covered by another model.
thanks Alex
retroaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 1:49 pm   #2
Station X

Default Re: Dansette Severn

Dansette used a range of standard circuits in their record players and often different circuits were used in the same player.

The Dansette Major de Luxe fitted with a 14-3 amplifier fits your description as having only a single EL84 valve along with a metal rectifier.

Dansette circuits here:-

https://www.service-data.com/section.php/1484/1/14-3

Keep the soldering iron hot.
Station X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2020, 9:57 am   #3
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Dansette Severn

This is a late model Dansette from 1966. The circuit for this is very simple, essentially the same as for the Tempo and Bermuda. It was made with a contact-cooled rectifier. If it now has diodes, it has been modified. The valve is an EL84. It has an unusually sized 8" x 4" speaker.