UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd May 2007, 4:18 pm   #1
DavidHunt
Retired Dormant Member

Default BVWS Bulletin Late again

This is the 2nd year that the bulletin has arrived AFTER the NVCF. What is the point in wasting space advertising it and events on 15th, 22nd April - its not good enough. DPH
Old 2nd May 2007, 4:31 pm   #2
Steve_P
Dekatron

Default Re: BVWS Bulletin Late again

I am sure the committee would accept your views if you genuinely could do any better. Do you know the effort that goes into the Magazine? All the writers are free, all the committee members do it for no money and the printers are paid for out of the subscription fee.

He who has the heart to CRITICIZE must also be prepared to HELP. Since you do not offer this in your rather sad posting, I take it that this hasn't crossed your mind?

Thought not.

Cheers,

Steve P
Old 2nd May 2007, 4:41 pm   #3
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Steve, I don't always agree with your rants but this time I'm 100% with you.

Both Steve and I have served on the BVWS committee in the past and speak from direct experience. There's precious few folks who will actually step up and volunteer.
Old 2nd May 2007, 5:32 pm   #4
Paul Stenning
Administrator

David,

This is not an official BVWS forum section. Any complaints you may have about the BVWS committee should be sent to the chairman in writing using the postal address or email address in the bulletin. They can them be responded to properly and considered by the committee at the next meeting if necessary.

The committee are well aware that the bulletin was late, so we will be discussing at the next committee meeting anyway.

As mentioned above, remember that the BVWS is run by volunteers. We always welcome more volunteers, if you feel you can offer something useful (other than criticism). In fact some of the committee positions are up for re-election early next year, should you feel like standing for a position.

Of course if you are still unhappy you may contact the membership secretary and cancel your membership.

I am closing this thread as I feel further discussion will not be productive.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread