UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Dec 2021, 12:11 pm   #21
Brigham
Octode

Default Re: Britain's oldest working electric iron.

Whenever I see "Britain's oldest working..." I know I'm going to see a modern-ish piece of gear, and an article written by someone incredulous.
Old 9th Dec 2021, 12:42 pm   #22
PaulR
Dekatron

Default Re: Britain's oldest working electric iron.

Well, I am listening to Serenade Radio on a McMichael 135 but I doubt that is the oldest working set in regular use amongst our members. A similar set was just "what we used" well into my teens.

Many of us remember the 1960s and before but to someone in their early 20s now and used to the throw away society something electrical manufactured before 1990 is ancient.