UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Dec 2015, 8:27 am   #1
ms660
Dekatron

Default Four Times The Impedance Rule

Came across this, might be useful:

http://www.***********/doc/116333646...iginate#scribd

EDIT: Whoops, just tried the link, doesn't work at my end....Googling the subject will take you to the article.

Lawrence.
Old 14th Dec 2015, 9:59 pm   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: Four Times The Impedance Rule

The web site would appear to be on the forum's exclusion list - hence being replaced by asterisks.
Old 14th Dec 2015, 10:09 pm   #3
paulsherwin

This forum blacklists some sites which offer free service data which is available from service-data.com. This is to restrict casual access and I'm sure members can circumvent the blacklist if they are sufficiently creative. Please do this via PM though, and not in the public forum.
Old 14th Dec 2015, 10:24 pm   #4
AC/HL
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdrive View Post
Googling the subject will take you to the article.
It's now the second hit on Google. As is often the case we are the first.
Old 14th Dec 2015, 11:05 pm   #5
ms660
Dekatron

Thanks for the explanation, I can see (as it were) what you mean now, the site in that link I posted can give access to service data as well as the article I tried to post which wasn't service data as such.

Anyways the jist of it was about wideband transformers, a general rule of thumb, secondary reactance = 4 times the load impedance at the lowest frequency for roll off...or something similar, it was a first for me as I had not heard of that until today, hence my initial post.

Lawrence.
Closed Thread