UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Apr 2018, 7:32 pm   #1
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default The KB Workers

I wondered if you would like to meet some of the KB workers at the Foots Cray factory.

I have just uploaded a copy of a staff news letter, my apologies for the quality of the old photocopy, and it seems some pages are missing.
See the "KB & STC Staff news Letter" on this page.
http://www.kbmuseum.org.uk/more_documents.htm

Mike
Old 14th Apr 2018, 8:02 pm   #2
Cobaltblue

Default Re: The KB Workers

Fascinating Mike yes it's really tough to get this sort of information these days

Cheers

Mike T
Old 15th Apr 2018, 2:05 am   #3
tony brady
Hexode

'stretching the limit' at the bottom is a good read as well and an interesting lesson in common sense
Old 15th Apr 2018, 10:34 am   #4
Peter.N.
Dekatron

I used to visit the KB/STC factory a Foots Cray on occasion with under guarantee TVs mostly, I worked at a shop in Petts Wood. I was fascinated to see the tanker delivering liquid oxygen do the Brimar valve factory, you would see 'snow' falling from the delivery pipe.

Peter
Old 15th Apr 2018, 12:42 pm   #5
John10b
Nonode

The Radio Shop in Tenby, we’re i served my apprenticeship, (now a cafe), had a large painting on the outside wall of an Ocean going Liner ( possibly Queen Elizabeth ?) with the wording, something like “KB Radio installed on board”.
Sadly I never managed to get a photo of the shop frontage.
Cheers
John
Closed Thread