UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Apr 2018, 6:10 pm   #1
nigelr2000
Heptode

Default HMV 1965-66 Catalogue

I purchased an HMV 2417 Record Player by mistake this weekend, stuck a 10 pound bid on thinking I will never get it that cheap and won it much to my surprise as it's a nice little player a bit like an updated stereo master in style. Anyway I went off to collect it locally and the man said I even have the item in the catalogue that goes with it, I had a quick scan at it and thought that's a much earlier cat then the 70 to 72 date of the 2417. I checked one of the model numbers in it against my RTVC master index and it comes out at 1965-66 soI have scanned it in case it's useful to anyone wanting to date their item. If this is the wrong category mods please feel free to move it.

As it comes out at 8.5 Mb it is available on this link https://1drv.ms/b/s!AkQ1RbHk79qhjUqQ7YLheuyu0hw7
Old 8th Apr 2018, 7:05 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: HMV 1965-66 Catalogue

Thanks, very nice, Nigel!

Nick.
Old 8th Apr 2018, 9:07 pm   #3
Valvepower
Octode

Very nice.

Still remember getting those brochures from the local Radio TV shop as a kid and looking at the radios.

Terry.
Old 10th Apr 2018, 10:13 pm   #4
johntech
Triode

Hello thought for the evening.
Goodness me that takes me back ! In 1967 I was 21 and my wage as a TV engineer was £17 a week and a new black and white TV cost approx 4 weeks wages. Or looking at it another way a cheap tape recorder cost £1000 at todays values.
I just checked up on electricians wages (used to be comparable with ours) and a weeks wage will buy 2 to 3 monster CTV's. Pity the same price ratio does not occur in the housing market !

Last edited by johntech; 10th Apr 2018 at 10:22 pm.
Closed Thread