UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Mar 2018, 7:01 pm   #1
bill knox
Hexode

Default Grundig Satellit 3400

Hi

I have one of the above receivers and I want pass it on, it does have a couple of problems, the meter sticks about 3/4 of the way across the dial, the bandwidth switch is a bit intermittent, and I feel that there is a problem with the shortwave, though I was listening to a Chinese station this afternoon loud and clear, but I am not sure what it is worth, could someone advise me
please.

Regards

Bill
Old 1st Mar 2018, 7:36 pm   #2
ukcol
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Grundig Satellit 3400

Hi Bill

Looking at ebay sold prices the range is from about £60 for a faulty set up to about £400 for a mint working model.
Old 1st Mar 2018, 8:01 pm   #3
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Yes, about £80 sounds right to me if it's all there and fairly presentable but with a few faults to address which may prove sticky. Coincidentally I think I paid about that for mine, years ago now: it works well across all bands after the use of a little switch cleaner to restore FM, but it's lacking the BFO spindle and knob. The outlying rotary knobs and the switch levers seem to be very readily snapped off.

Paul
Old 30th Mar 2018, 12:29 pm   #4
bill knox
Hexode

I would accept £80 for my set.

Just to give the faults again

1 the bandwidth switch is intermittent, though with moving it normally comes up OK

2 meter sticks about 3/4 of the way across

If anyone lives within a reasonable distance from me and would like to have a look at it they are welcome.

Regards

Bill
Old 30th Mar 2018, 1:30 pm   #5
Reelman
Octode

PM sent
Peter
Closed Thread