UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Old 23rd Apr 2024, 9:21 pm   #1
CliveKennerley
Diode

Default Marconi 394A receiver

Good evening all and thanks for accepting my request Paul. My late father left me his Marconi 394A marine receiver with a power supply he built as part of his electrical engineering degree he received from Liverpool University in around the 1950's.
It was working (took time to "warm up") which always intreaged me as a small boy when I put it in storage many years ago. I was wondering if there is a market for these old radios?
Regards Clive
CliveKennerley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Apr 2024, 11:36 pm   #2
Julesomega
Nonode

Default Re: Marconi 394A receiver

I don't know about a 'market' but a few Marconi Marine enthusiasts here could possibly be interested. Quote This is an early TRF set designed for marine use that was also adopted as 'Admiralty Pattern 361' for naval use

Do you have any photos of yours?

It's good here
Julesomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2024, 8:38 am   #3
Andrew Sinclair
Pentode

Default Re: Marconi 394A receiver

There is certainly an interest in these old marine radios. They are fairly rare now as better sets from WWII were widely available to radio amateurs from the late 1940s, old TRF sets such as this were broken up for parts. Please don't throw it away.

Andrew G0AMS
Andrew Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote