UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 27th Apr 2015, 8:05 pm   #1
Ryan_1993
Hexode

Default Western Electric Model 500 Dial?

Hello All,

I've been extremely busy recently so haven't had much time for posting, but I do genuinely appreciate everyones help on the forum.

Yesterday I managed to find a moss green Canadian Built Model 500 telephone at York festival of vintage for £40.00, given the uniqueness of seeing this model in the UK, outside North America, I had to buy it and so far it works like charm, producing that distinctive ring.

The only issue with it is, is that the dial has started hairline cracking slightly around the edges. Does anyone know where I can source a new dial for the 500? I have had a quick look online, but spares seems quite hard to obtain, despite the fact that these were made in the millions. Unless I am just looking in the wrong places.

I hope someone can help, as the phone would look so much better with a new dial installed.

For anyone curious here is a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gyoc7dy.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	107547  

Last edited by AC/HL; 27th Apr 2015 at 9:03 pm. Reason: Image uploaded
Closed Thread