UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Feb 2023, 9:04 pm   #1
trellis
Pentode

Default Sanyo VTC-M50 Front Flap Attachment

In anyone familiar with these machines, and could explain the correct procedure to reattach the front panel with the flap in place?

The flap mechanism is quite intricate - the circuit board seems to attach to both the front panel and the chassis via various plastic pegs, and I can't see how to assemble all the parts. I've had to just leave the flap off for now as it's the only way I could get the front panel back on the machine!

I suspect the circuit board has to be detached from the chassis, and clipped onto the flap which is then clipped onto the front panel, then as the front panel is brought up to the chassis it somehow needs to move sideways to engage the pegs, but also line up with the knobs and connectors on the other side of the front panel, and I just can't see how it's possible to achieve everything simultaneously.

Even without the flap in place, getting the knobs and sockets to line up with their corresponding holes is fiddly in itself!

Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread